Reader Poll: Sestak Should Challenge Corbett, Edges Casey by 1 Vote
PoliticsPA wanted to know which Democrat should run against Governor Tom Corbett in 2014, and the results yielded two big names: former Rep. Joe Sestak and Senator Bob Casey.
Sestak edged out Casey by one in the poll, receiving 396 votes to Casey’s 395. Each received 20 percent of the vote. State treasurer Rob McCord finished as a close runner-up to Sestak and Casey, receiving 18 percent of the vote (347).
Rounding out the vote was Montgomery County Commissioner Josh Shapiro with 9 percent, Rep. Allyson Schwartz with 8 percent, Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter with 7 percent, State Sen. Daylin Leach with 7 percent, Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski with 4 percent, Businessman Tom Knox with 4 percent, and Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald with 3 percent.
PoliticsPA drafted the poll before former DEP Secretary John Hanger floated his name as a possible candidate.
1,937 voted in the poll.
Which Democrat is the Best Choice to Challenge Tom Corbett?
- Former Rep. Joe Sestak (20%)
- Senator Bob Casey (20%)
- Treasurer Rob McCord (18%)
- Montgomery County Commissioner Josh Shapiro (9%)
- Rep. Allyson Schwartz (8%)
- Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter (7%)
- State Sen. Daylin Leach (7%)
- Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski (4%)
- Businessman Tom Knox (4%)
- Allegheny County Executive Rick Fitzgerald (3%)