Close this search box.

Cable for Two: Dem PAC, SEIU Reserve $1.3 Mil for PA Ads

Some of the House Majority Pac and SEIU money will go toward Rep. Mark Critz's race.

The House Majority PAC and Service Employees International Union (SEIU) announced today that they have reserved TV ad time in 38 markets, including Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. The partners combined are preparing to spend $20 million, with the House Majority PAC chipping in $16 million, and the SEIU chipping in $3.7 million.

“From day one, House Republicans have pursued an agenda that is extreme and out of touch – and House Majority PAC will be on TV to hold them accountable,” said Alixandria Lapp, executive director of House Majority PAC, in a statement. “Partnering with SEIU allows us to be more successful by effectively leveraging every dollar we spend.”

Of the money that will be spent in the fall, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia will see their fair cut of the dough.

In Pittsburgh, the House Majority PAC and SEIU plan to spend $736,000 and $294,400 respectively. Most of that money will likely be directed to incumbent 12th district Congressman Mark Critz (D-Cambria) in his effort to fend off a serious challenge from Republican Keith Rothfus. The money could also be put toward Larry Maggie’s race, as he challenges Rep. Tim Murphy (R-Allegheny).

Philadelphia markets are set to receive nearly $599K. There are an array of Democrats who could be on the receiving end, starting with Kathy Boockvar, who is challenging Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick (R-Bucks). It’s likely bookmarked in part for Manan Trivedi as well, who is challenging Rep. Jim Gerlach (R-Chester), but it could also go to boost George Badey, challenging Rep. Pat Meehan (R-Delaware), or a candidate in New Jersey.

The NRCC responded to the ad buy by saying that the money will not help candidates who have shown their true colors by supporting failed policies.

“I’m shocked that the special interests who brought us Obamacare and the failed stimulus are supporting candidates running on that same bankrupt agenda. Clearly their failed track record speaks for itself,” said NRCC spokesperson Nat Sillin.

The commitment from the SEIU comes just a few weeks after they announced a massive field initiative designed to combat Republican Super PAC spending. This announcement also continues to fuel the ongoing spending war from Congressional committees in both Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

2 Responses

  1. The government class represented by the SEIU have crossed the line and declared war on the people of Pennsylvania. The campaign to discredit the Republican legislature is deceptive, because the real issue here is will the people of Pennsylvania allow 8% of the work force here in the state dictate to the other 92% of the work force what you are going to pay for government whether you like it or not. The greatest Democrat FDR was totally against unionization of government workers; now we know why!

  • Does the NYC Verdict Make You More or Less Likely to Vote For Trump in 2024?

    • Less Likely (36%)
    • More Likely (34%)
    • Makes No Difference (30%)

    Total Voters: 112

    Loading ... Loading ...
Continue to Browser


To install tap and choose
Add to Home Screen