Former Sen. Wofford Public Memorial Service Set For Saturday in Washington D.C.
A public memorial service to honor the life of former Sen. Harris Wofford will take place at his alma mater, Howard University, in Washington D.C. this Saturday at 2 pm.
Wofford died on Jan. 21 at the age of 92 after complications from a fall in his apartment, according to the AP.
The former Senator and civil rights leader was lauded by both Pennsylvania Senators Bob Casey and Pat Toomey as a man who served his country honorably.
Gov. Tom Wolf, Sen. Bob Casey, former Bryn Mawr College President Pat McPherson and Third Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Theodore McKee will deliver speeches in addition to thoughts from his family.
The family selected Howard University to host the ceremony for the significance it held with Wofford, who was its first white male student in the early 1950s.
The service will be held at Cramton Auditorium on Howard’s campus.
The RSVP Service link can be found here.
Donations in lieu of flowers can be made to:
- Bryn Mawr College – https://www.brynmawr.edu
- Howard University – https://www2.howard.edu/
- National Peace Corps Association – https://www.peacecorpsconnect.org/cpages/home
- Global Citizen – www.globalcitizen365.org/donate
- Roger Landrum Global Studies Fellowship at Albion College, Michigan – https://advance.albion.edu/s/1782/16/interior3.aspx?sid=1782&gid=2&pgid=1167
- Youth service America – https://ysa.org
- Voices for National Service – https://voicesforservice.org/donatee/