Cecile Richards, the President of Planned Parenthood Federation of America and Planned Parenthood Action Fund, released a new video today. In the video, she lists ten reasons why Pennsylvania women cannot afford another four years of Tom Corbett.
The ten reasons are:
10. Tom Corbett told Pennsylvania women to just close their eyes when it came to government-mandated ultrasounds.
9. He wants to block funding for Planned Parenthood’s preventive services, including life saving screenings for breast and cervical cancer.
8. He signed a law prohibiting insurance companies from covering abortion, even in emergencies.
7. Tom Corbett has done little to address economic and social inequalities that women face. On Women’s Equality Day, he tweeted about National Dog Day.
6. He enacted a law to make it harder for people to vote.
5. Tom Corbett opposes comprehensive sex education.
4. He supports letting bosses at corporations like Hobby Lobby deny you access to affordable birth control.
3. He enacted medically unnecessary restrictions intended to end safe and legal abortion access for Pennsylvania women.
2. Offensive statements – like when he proposed privatizing liquor sales so women could get home to dinner faster.
1. Pennsylvania, you have a phenomenal alternative, Tom Wolf.
The video ends with Richards saying, “Tom Wolf will do what Corbett has refused to do: protect women’s health and rights.”
Planned Parenthood has been a constant thorn in Governor Corbett’s side throughout this campaign. The Pennsylvania affiliate began releasing items from the list several weeks ago; Richards’ video unveiled number one.
The fact that the organization’s President took the time to make this video just days before the election, though, indicates how important defeating Pennsylvania’s Governor is to Planned Parenthood.