PoliticsPA is seeking a Managing Editor to take the reins of Pennsylvania’s longest-running news website focused on campaign politics. The site is nonpartisan and covers the federal, state and local level in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Important topics include redistricting and reapportionment, as well as primaries and general elections for Governor, U.S. Senate, Congress and the state legislature. PoliticsPA is a one-person operation.
- The Managing Editor is responsible for all content on the website, for producing the weekdaily Playbook newsletter, and for posting social media content.
- The position is fast-paced and ideal for someone with a passionate interest in campaign politics and a desire to build relationships and break news.
- The position is remote. Ideally the Managing Editor will be based in the Harrisburg area, but other locations within Pennsylvania are eligible.
- The Managing Editor will help coordinate a forthcoming upgrade to the website.
- 2 years’ experience in journalism or field related to political campaigns.
- Strong understanding of Pennsylvania politics and key players.
- Solid organizational skills and solid news judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel within PA and Washington, DC for relevant coverage
- Ability to use WordPress for website management and Constant Contact for email marketing (Playbook newsletter)
- Experience using social media best practices
Please send your resume and cover letter to Keegan Gibson at email@example.com, along with 3 writing samples that best reflect your journalistic approach and your familiarity with PoliticsPA’s subject matter. Please include the word Application in the email subject heading.