Year-end reports are filed with the Federal Elections Commission, which means it is time to comb them over and see how much each Congressman is bringing forward into the new cycle.
Below is the list of Congressmen from the most cash on hand to least cash on hand:
- Pat Meehan (R-Delaware): $1,935,355
- Tim Murphy (R-Allegheny): $1,188,615
- Charlie Dent (R-Lehigh): $852,892
- Mike Kelly (R-Butler): $742,101
- Keith Rothfus (R-Allegheny): $613,672
- Bob Brady (D-Philadelphia): $461,467
- Matt Cartwright (D-Luzerne): $561,068
- Brendan Boyle (Philadelphia): $461,467
- Lou Barletta (R-Luzerne): $397,460
- Glenn ‘G.T.’ Thompson (R-Centre): $284,051
- Ryan Costello (R-Chester): $246,528
- Bill Shuster (R-Franklin): $225,322
- Mike Doyle (D-Allegheny): $216,527
- Scott Perry (R-Adams): $214,905
- Tom Marino (R-Lycoming): $183,520
- Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Bucks): $145,769
- Dwight Evans (D-Philadelphia): $35,755
- Lloyd Smucker (R-Lancaster): $34,021
The three people with the lowest cash on hand are also the newest members of the Pennsylvania delegation, Fitzpatrick, Evans, and Smucker were all elected in 2016.
Meehan’s $1.9 million includes $110,000 in expenditures over the last month of 2016. Meehan was rumored to be a possible opponent to Senator Bob Casey, but has officially announced he will not run.
Why does Murphy have so much if he ran unopposed he didn’t need that money but still raised the second most
@ksdf if you think angling like he was going to run for senate isn’t the reason he has so much more money than the other reps, then you don’t really understand how campaign finance works. I’d bet he would agree with me on that part of my statement if you asked him.
How much of Shuster’s stash came from his girlfriend?
@G, Oh please! Meehan’s pathetic congressional opponents are why he can bank so much. Meehan netted more than Mary Ellen Balchunis raised in 2014 and 2016 and more than Badey raised in 2012.
Absolutely brilliant showing a current federal map with old names. Hey Paul, you wanna quit? :-/
Positioning himself as a contender for the senate seems to have aided Meehan in growing his war chest. The 7th district is a disgrace, and is the poster child for the the Republican party’s anti-democratic(not just anti-Democratic) tendencies. Pat Meehan is the swamp.
You mis-spelled Goebbels.
piece of advice to the left – maybe you should do some research on the members ya’ll troll before calling them crooks or rich SOBs or sorry ‘privileged’
Does that include the cash bribes too?
There’s no ffff way Boyle and Brady have the exact same amount. Add another 500 k to Nradys. ???!
I wonder if $60,000 of Meehan’s expenses were for Uber rides.
Hey Paul – do you proofread?
Comments are closed.