Physician and activist Valerie Arkoosh should be Democrats’ choice for Congress in PA-13, PoliticsPA readers voted this week.
Arkoosh narrowly overcame state Sen. Daylin Leach (D-Montco) in the informal survey that includes 1,380 votes.
U.S. Rep. Allyson Schwartz (D-Montco) won’t seek re-election as she pursues a bid to challenge Gov. Tom Corbett.
Arkoosh took an even 400 to Leach’s 385. State Rep. Brendan Boyle (D-Phila) came in third with 142 votes, followed by Montgomery County Commissioner Leslie Richards with 109 and former Congresswoman Marjorie Margolies-Mezvinsky with 95. Former Philly Controller Jonathan Saidel, since withdrawn from the race, got 56 votes.
Who should Democrats support in PA-13?
- Dr. Valerie Arkoosh (29%)
- State Sen. Daylin Leach (28%)
- State Rep. Brendan Boyle (10%)
- Montco Commissioner Leslie Richards (8%)
- Former U.S. Rep. Marjorie Margolies-Mezvinsky (7%)
- Montco Commissioner Josh Shapiro (4%)
- Former Philly Controller Jonathan Saidel (4%)
- Someone else (2%)
- Montco Prothonotary Mark Levy (2%)
- State Rep. Mark Cohen (1%)
- State Sen. Mike Stack (1%)
- State Sen. LeAnna Washington (1%)
- Philly Councilman Bill Green (1%)
- State Rep. Ed Neilson (1%)