Weekly Wrap-Up: What People are Saying about the Toomey-Sestak Race
What People Are Saying:
· “Voters across Pennsylvania are rallying to Pat’s vision for creating jobs and bringing fiscal responsibility to Washington. I am endorsing Pat today because he is an honest, principled leader who is unafraid to stand up for what’s right” (Former PA Governor Tom Ridge, 09/09/10 State College, PA).
· “You realize that home or abroad, law enforcement needs to have the proper tools to protect our citizens. We are sure that in your capacity as United States Senator, you would continue to advocate for the law enforcement community. That is why we are pleased to endorse your campaign for United States Senator” (Les Neri, President, FOP, Pennsylvania State Lodge, 09/08/10, Philadelphia , PA).
· “Similarly, in Pennsylvania, Republican Pat Toomey has a consistent, if narrow, lead over Democrat Joe Sestak for the Arlen Specter (D) seat” (Ken Ruden, NPR, 09/07/10).
· “Pat Toomey seems to be taking a major lead over Joe Sestak in very blue Pennsylvania” (Larry Kudlow, CNBC 09/03/10).
· “Toomey is considered at least a slight favorite at this point to pick up this seat for the Republicans” (Alan Abramowitz, Emory University, CSPAN, 09/04/10).
· “One of Sestak’s biggest liabilities is that he’s a Democratic member of Congress” (Jennifer Duffy, Cook Political Report, Christian Science Monitor, 09/07/10).
· “Sestak finds himself trailing former Rep. Pat Toomey, the Republican Senate nominee, in both campaign cash and in the polls. Toomey was leading Sestak by nine points and ten points in two recent surveys of Pennsylvania voters” (Paul Steinhauser, CNN Dep. Political Director, 09/08/10).