The gubernatorial campaign of Josh Shapiro heads into primary season in a strong financial position, as Shapiro For Pennsylvania announced it has $13.5 million in cash on hand entering 2022.
Shapiro garnered $6.3 million in the last quarter — a figure that is more than any other campaign for Governor of Pennsylvania has raised in an off-year, according to the campaign.
“Josh Shapiro has proven to Pennsylvanians that he has our backs, and people across the Commonwealth are supporting him in record numbers because they know he will keep fighting for us as Governor,” said Shapiro for Pennsylvania campaign manager Dana Fritz in a press release.
The $13.5 million is the highest accumulated by a gubernatorial candidate entering an election year since at least 2000
>> By the Numbers
- 2018: Tom Wolf (D), $11 million
- 2018: Scott Wagner (R), $6 million
- 2014: Tom Wolf (D), $11.8 million
- 2014: Tom Corbett (R), $7.5 million
- 2010: Dan Onorato (D): $6.2 million
- 2010: Tom Corbett (R), $3.2 million
- 2006: Ed Rendell (D), $12.4 million
- 2002: Ed Rendell (D), $9.5 million
Numbers reflect cash on hand entering the year